Gas Handling Equipment
The 11-BM experimental station includes support for gas equipment to support various insitu experiment by on-site users
An overview is given below, contact staff for details
Hutch Patch Panel
Gas from cylinders mounted outside the 11-BM-B hutch can be connected to a sample environment at the beam position inside the hutch by a series of existing patch panels and flow meters.
There are 2 KI brand glass tube flowmeters. Both have have a 150 mm reference scale.
See more details here: https://wiki-ext.aps.anl.gov/ug11bm/index.php/KI_Flow_Meters
11-BM has standard gas cylinders available, typically:
- Inert Gases: N2, He, Air
- 3.5% H2 (He balance)
Always check with beamline staff in advance to ensure gas availability for an experiment. Custom gas cylinders need to be requested well in advance.
11-BM has several dedicated high-purity gas regulators, including (as of Jan 2012):
For Carbon Monoxide, Hydrogen, Ethane, Ethylene, Methane, and related gases:
- CGA Size #350, Dual-Stage, Gauge < 200 psi (4-100 psig delivery) (Sigma-Aldrich Part Z405973; mfr Matheson #3122-350)
- CGA Size #540, Dual-Stage, Gauge < 60 psi (4-100 psig delivery) (Sigma-Aldrich Part Z405957; mfr Matheson #3121-540)
For Inert Gases:
- CGA Size #580, Dual-Stage, Gauge < 60 psi (2-30 psig delivery) (Sigma-Aldrich Part Z405906; mfr. no. Matheson #3121-580)
- CGA Size #580, Dual-Stage, Gauge < 100 psi. (multiple regulators)
- CGA Size #580, Dual-Stage, Gauge < 400 psi (10-250 psig delivery) (Sigma-Aldrich Part Z405922; mfr. no. Matheson #3126-580)
Contact 11-BM staff for questions about any experiments using hazardous gases (H2 etc)