|(This article/section is incomplete, please check back again or help expanding it)|
Three mostly-used scaler channels are I_start, I_middle and I_final. They are ion-chambers monitoring beam intensity at different locations along the beam:
- I_start: after the defelecting mirror, before the W-slits (a pair of slits defining the aperture of the K-B mirrors).
- I_middle: after the W-slits, before the K-B mirror.
- I_final: after the K-B mirrors and the sample.
- All scalers
- 34ide main panel -> "scalers & amps" (near bottom right corner) -> "scalers"
- Amplifiers for individual ion chambers
- 34ide main panel -> "scalers & amps" (near bottom right corner) -> "Ic_*** amp"
There are three permanently-installed area detectors at 34ID-E. They are amorphous-silicon detectors made by Perkin-Elmer. The three detectors are code-named Yellow, Orange, and Purple.
- Orange detector: placed on the top; 2048 × 2048 pixels; controlled by computer "s34pe2"
- Yellow detector: placed on the outboard side; 1024 × 1024 pixels; controlled by computer "ornlpe1"
- Purple detector: placed on the inboard side; 1024 × 1024 pixels; controlled by computer "ornlpe3"
Pixel sizes are 200 μm × 200 μm for all three detectors.
Detectors in the forward direction
Ion chamber I_final is the only detector placed in the forward direction (downstream after the sample) in our regular setup. It can be removed if necessary to accommodate other detectors such as a CCD or Pilatus in the forward direction on the table. One may borrow them from the APS Detector Pool.