General Rules for New Developments
When adding new features to EPICS Base, the following general rules will be considered by the code reviewers:
- Follow the coding style of the source files that you are editing.
- Use 4 spaces for indentation. Replacing tabs with spaces and cleaning up the indentation in areas where you are making changes is usually a good idea, but not required.
- New features should come with one or more automated test programs to confirm their correct operation.
- LibCom provides an epicsUnitTest module, and for testing IOC operations there is a dbUnitTest module.
- Bug fixes should be described in an entry in the documentation/RELEASE_NOTES.html file.
- API changes and new features should be mentioned in the Release Notes and may need updates to the Application Developers' Guide.